Obligatory recipe story
My father-in-law has been making this eggnog and giving it as a gift for years. It’ll warm the coldest heart on the coldest day. It’s most fun to make with a friend.
- 16 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 1 pound powdered sugar (3¾ cups)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint rum
- 1 quart bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Seperate 16 eggs, yolks in largest bowl you have.
- Beat the snot out of the yolks. Get’m as frothy as possible.
- Add powdered sugar, bourbon, rum, milk, and vanilla to the yolks.
- Beat the snot out of this concoction. Get it as homogenous as you can.
- In a separate bowl beat heavy creme into whipped cream.
- Add the newly whipped cream into the concoction.
- Beat the snot out of the concoction until fully incorporated. That’s the theme here for half the steps.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until super fluffy.
- Add fluffy egg whites to the concoction.
- Repeat the anthem of snot beating.
- Put in the container(s) of your choosing.
- Let sit for 24 hours before serving. The longer you wait, the better it gets. To a point.
- Shake before serving.
- Enjoy with your friends and family.