I read Quiet by Susan Cain around
- The culture of extroversion.
- The extrovert ideal.
- The myth of brainstorming.
- Caring for extroverted children and spouses.
I enjoyed listening to this book, though at this time of recollection, it’s highlights and practicalities are escaping memory.
My big takeaway is to not view introversion or extroversion with any moral value. While we live in a culture of extroversion as the ideal, the solution is not to require everyone to disavow their extroverison. Their are strengths in both ends of the spectrum. We should work towards balance.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
- Susan Cain
- 9780307352149 (find it on Bookshop, IndieBound, WorldCat, or Open Library)