I’m Dan Ott—a developer working from the bourbon soaked hills of Lexington Kentucky. I’ve been building things on the Internet for some twenty-odd years. When I’m not building things on the Internet you’ll find me building a fire in said pit, riding a bike, reading books, or eating breakfast food with my family.
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet. Say, let’s grab a burger sometime. 🍔
Things I've shared lately
- 📘 Generating ActiveStorage Fixtures
- 🔗 @suspiriadam on The Oscars
- 📘 Seeding a Rails Development Environment with Test Fixtures
- 👨💻 Today I Learned — January 13, 2020
- 📘 Unlimited Dada
- 🔗 strftimer
- 👨💻 Today I Learned — January 7, 2020
- 🔗 Pakyow
- 👨💻 Today I Learned — January 6, 2020
- 🔗 5 Tips for More Helpful Code Reviews
There's also a firehose of everything I've shared by date. 🧯
- 👨 About — more about me.
- 📈 Changelog — what’s changed on this site.
- 📧 Contact — send me an electronic mail.
- 💌 My Newsletter — a discipline that forces me to write once a week.
Collections of things I’ve shared
- 👨💻 Today I learned — notes from day to day software development.
- 📓 Notes — about nothing in particular.
- 📘 Posts — notes that grew up and got a title.
- 🔗 Links — a growing list of bookmarks that I’ve found compelling.
- ✏️ Poetry — of varying quality.
- 👨🦯Blind Guides — my reflections on christian spirituality.